Job Posting: Executive Director
Nuit Blanche Edmonton is a biennial, all-night contemporary art event that debuted in Edmonton on Saturday, 26 September 2015. Featuring international, national and local artists, Nuit Blanche Edmonton provides a new platform for contemporary art in our city and enables Edmontonians to connect through art in a thoughtful, engaging, and playful way. The Nuit Blanche event experience is open and inviting; interactive and exciting using the city as its canvas and make Edmontonians look at their surroundings—both familiar and undiscovered—in a new way.
Nuit Blanche Edmonton seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to serve as the organization’s Executive Director; to help shape, build and create the magical experience that is Nuit Blanche for 2017 and interim programming and activities.
The Executive Director is responsible for the provision of overall management and leadership of the Nuit Blanche Society in a manner that is consistent with the mission and goals of the organization, and the direction of the Board of Directors. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors via the Chair or Chair’s representative, the Executive Director’s responsibilities are to:
1. manage and oversee the operations, general management, and financial administration of the organization;
2. manage and cultivate the healthy financial growth of the Society through sponsorship, grants, corporate and individual philanthropic activities and relationships;
3. manage and execution of the company’s artistic vision and mandate
4. oversee and coordinate the delivery of all Nuit Blanche Edmonton Society programs and activities; and
5. growth strategic and meaningful relationships of the Society in the Edmonton Region and beyond.
Minimum of 3-7 years of progressive management experience in a not-for-profit sector organization.
A Post-Secondary Degree in related field, such as business, arts & culture, or recreation is preferred. A College diploma in related field, such as theatre management, business, arts and culture, or recreation, will be considered with minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in management positions. A Master’s Degree and/or course work in the visual arts and professional event management training would be considered assets.
Applicants must have valid driver’s license Class 5. The successful applicant should have a valid First Aid Certificate upon start date.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, E-mail, Internet, database and financial accounting programs, and PC/MAC OS.
Term of Contract
20 months, with the possibility of extension or renewal. This position is subject to a three month probationary period.
How to Apply
1. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and contact information for 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document by 24 March 2016 at 4 p.m. (MST) by email only: HR@nuitblancheedmonton.ca.
2. Please note “Executive Director” in the subject line of your email.
3. Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
4. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to review the complete Job Position Profile available to download below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Email inquiries only, please. All applications are considered confidential. Nuit Blanche Edmonton is an equal opportunity employer.
Nuit Blanche Edmonton Society is a registered not-for-profit society and is produced by a volunteer Board of Directors and with support from the City of Edmonton and our generous and smart sponsors and supporters.